Thursday, April 29, 2010

RIOT GRRL

 miss mary mac, mac, mac,
all dressed in black, black, black,
with silver buttons, buttons, buttons,
all down her back, back, back,
she asked her mother, mom, mom,
for fifty cents, cents, cents,
to see the elephant, elephant, elephants,
they jump the fence, fence, fence,
they jump so high, high, high,
they reach the sky, sky, sky,
and never come back, back, back,
till the fourth of july-, lie, LIAR

when i was fourteen i wanted to be a lot of things. I struggled a lot with my parents, not because of anything in particular that they, or I, did but because i wanted to be independent. I wanted to be fierce, smart, crazy, pretty, doing my own thing. Sometimes i wanted to be just like kathleen. 
Listening to Bikini kill again took me right back to those days, I would play the singles on repeat as loud as i could. it made me happy to know that there were girls out there doing their own thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment