Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh BOY!

One of the best things about being back in Australia is the ABC, and one of the best things on the ABC is At the Movies (also good is everything else on a Wednesday night, including the Chaser guys doing an election special on the at the movies set). I love love love Film and I definitely don't spend enough time paying attention to it. When I have a stable income this is something that will have to change!

BOY, I really want to see the new film by NZ director Taika Waititi. It has taken the NZ box office by storm and also been nominated for the grand jury's prize at the Sundance Film Festival. Next week I might have to go to Palace Nova for a bit of Cinema good times. 

DAVID: I really enjoyed it and it manages to do something that you don't often get in films. It manages to be very funny and also very poignant too and sometimes in the same scene and so it fills that balance. It balances that really well, I think. All the performances are very naturalistic and beautiful. I love this depiction of this Maori community and, as you say, the ideals that this boy has of his father, who he sees like some sort of knight in shining armour...

Read the rest of Margaret and Davids review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment