Wednesday, August 4, 2010

winter blues

 The sun has officially set on my year abroad. It's not something that is easy to come to terms with, especially since I have now come back to winter in Australia. The past month has been a very dramatic change in lifestyle for me. From living in London with my fabulous friends and amazing job, to jet setting across the atlantic and pacific and now to living in the country with my mother. It's winter, and raining. At least I have the comfort of knowing it is probably raining in London too! Right now I am staying on my mums couch. Its great being with her again, but boy to we have the capacity to piss each other off! I don't have a room of my own, or a wardrobe for my clothes, no job, no internet, no car and my closest friends are 100km away. It's nice and quiet in the country though. And I have been on lovely walks along the river and to the beach. I've seen whales and dolphins and seals. I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from, I don't have to worry about money at all (in the way that you can't worry about something you don't have). I can sleep in till midday. Make porridge and coffee and eat grapefruit. I have enough time to really read magazines. In a way it is quite peaceful. But I can't wait to get back to the city and have my own space. I want to be able to be responsible for myself. I love working and I always get more done when I have more to do. My mum always tells me to see the positive side and to live in the present. I know she's right- I'm just a little bored! And I miss my friends who I haven't seen for over a year. Sometime in the future I'm sure I will come back to the country to get away from it all.

Photographs by love again

No comments:

Post a Comment