Sunday, December 27, 2009

Camera Obscura

Photography has come a mighty long way in the past 100 or so years. The humble Camera has shaped the way we see the world, the way we see each other and our entire schema of visuality (see po-mo wank ). Our grandparents were lucky to have a couple of hand painted or B&W images of their childhoods. These days we are so snap happy, sometimes our cameras feel like extensions of our own bodies. I mean, is a memory really a memory if we don't have a photo of it? haha, just kidding, although a wonderful photo can revoke some of your most beautiful, crazy and wild happy moments.


That is why I am so totally in love with Panasonics new offering to the world of visuality- the Lumix GF1. Its an ultra compact digital SLR boasting a range of super features and including a pancake lens- so tiny you can throw it in your bag! I would LOVE to get my hand on one especially since my current camera has pretty much shat itself. And lets face it, January jones is so pretty in the ad!

I think the GF1 shows the direction that photography will now be taking, DSLR quality and control in a teeny tiny size. In the Arts Industry it would be so great to have such a professional quality camera. Now all I have to do is save up $800 or so and this baby is soooo mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment