Tuesday, December 29, 2009

just like riding a bike


life is like riding a bicycle. to keep your balance you must keep moving
- Albert Einstein
One of the things that i couldn't bring to London with me was my Bicycle. Back home i used to ride it quite a lot and it makes me quite sad that it is now so far away. Instead i now have to console myself by looking at these gals on their bikes. There is even this amazing blog that I found dedicated to Cycle street style. Life is so peaceful and care free when you're on a bike. Its just you and the road with the wind in your hair.

This girl really knows how to ride a bike! Truffaut will always be one of my favourite directors and this short film truly is a gem! Provincial charm and occasional glances of undergarments, he really captures something in the way these boys lust after the ideology of the feminine. Plus i just found out it was filmed in a little town named Nimes in the south of France that i visited earlier this year. Oh, the memories!

Jeanne maureau in Jules et Jim
Skins season 3
Zooey Deschanel in 500 days of summer
Brigitte Bardot
Truffaut's Les Mistons

No comments:

Post a Comment