Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Belongings

the place I belong/ the things that belong to me/ the things that we give to each other
In less than four weeks I am packing up all of my things an moving half way across the world. I came to London only 8 months ago with nothing but what was in my backpack (and my handbag, and a country road bag full of shit). Now I have a life here, wonderful friends and I absolutely call this place home. I am settled and I feel like I have entered something that I am not ready to let go of yet. I am going to miss it so, so much.
The other side of the coin is my excitement about going to New York. Seeing the opening credits of SATC2 reminded me about my love for the big city. Even though London is a big place, its doesn't ever feel like a city. sometimes it actually feels like a series of country towns squished next to each other. I will also be very very happy to see my mum and all of my wonderful friends back in Adelaide.
Hopefully I can pack up some of my things from here and take them back and they will forever remind me of my home here in London. I think that being here has definitely changed my life and who I am, so I know that emotionally London will always be with me. I want to go back to Australia and start a little life, full of energy and books and hopefully a pretty little cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment