Wednesday, June 16, 2010

think i'm in love

What happens when the Musician son of a presbyterian minister and an artist who danced for the Velvet Underground have a baby? You get Beck. 


I can't believe it has taken me 23 years to realise that I am absolutely in love with his musical genius. My friend Marty will cringe if he ever reads this. He will say something like "gosh Adele, I told you that you would like Beck" only in a more sarcastic, witty kind of way, and then recount the fact that he put two Beck tracks on that mix tape he made me. Well, despite everyones best efforts I only just discovered how much I like Beck. A LOT. I really love pop music, but not just any pop. I really like indy, grunge, blues, electronica, hip hop. I like clever lyrics. I have found all of that in Beck. It makes me so happy that I tap my fingers and try to dance inconspicuously on the tube. I mouth the lyrics and had this hoppitty boppity step-to-the-beat kind of gait about me when I went for an evening stroll. I even found myself thinking things like 'Isn't life beautiful'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment